Looking for baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CPOSCH, Mar 19, 2015.

1. CPOSCH

CPOSCH New Egg

Mar 2, 2015
    Hello there!
    I am in Central Minnesota reading the posts on where to find baby chicks but the posts are all about 5 years old. Does anyone know where I can find chicks now in Central MN. I am just starting chickens. I ordered my coop and it is being shipped. So excited but am in search of some really sweet little ones.. I prefer, of course, the Bantams. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank YOU!

2. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    Welcome! Where are you?

There are hatcheries that will ship all over the country and several that are in Iowa (Murray McMurray and Welp?). There are also a bunch of breeders, including one in Owatonna and another active on this board that is near Zumbrota, I believe. Come join the MN thread!

Oh, there is also a Poultry Swap going on in New Ulm this Saturday!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. CPOSCH

CPOSCH New Egg

Mar 2, 2015
    thank you for the information! I didn't mention my newness to this site too! How do I just go to the MN thread. Thank you for all the information it sure is helpful!

4. dandan111

dandan111 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Check you local feed store. Might save shipping costs. Mine did anyway. My chicks came from ideal. Might have paid a little more than buying from tsc or some other big store but I bought local and have good support.

5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Hi-
    Welcome to BYC!

I think this is the link to the Minnesota thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/72771/minnesota

Like the others have said your local feed store might carry chicks. There are numerous hatcheries to order from that ship. I don't know much about bantams though so I can't offer specific info.
    Come on over to the Minnesota thread and others can offer more detailed info.

6. SDChic

SDChic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2015
    Check Craigslist--I saw some on there! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by