looking for Banksian cockatoo tail feathers

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Flyfish1985, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Flyfish1985

Flyfish1985 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2014
    Hello there. My name is Zach and I tie flies for fishing. I was wondering if anyone owned a Banksian Cockatoo? I am looking for the tail feathers from the female. The ones with the red and yellow amd the black barring. If anyone out there has one and would be willing to send some out I would be very grateful. If not, I completely understand. Here are a couple of flies I have tied just so you can see what I do. Thanks and have a good one![​IMG]

2. Rosa moschata

Rosa moschata Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2013
    They are very rare in this country, and I doubt you'll find someone who owns them on this forum. I'd imagine that most, if not all, are kept for breeding, rather than as pets. They cost anywhere from $15k to $20k each. You'd probably have better luck searching the internet for someone who breeds the species, and then emailing about getting molted feathers. I found one, linked below.

:)

http://www.lpbirds.com/index.php

3. Flyfish1985

Flyfish1985 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2014
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I figured it was a shot in the dark but what they hey. You replied and who knows what may come from your link. I did a bit of research on my own and I am beginning to understand how rare they really are. I really appreciate the link.

Have a good one!

Zach

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by