Looking For Beautiful Breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WhiteCochinLover, Jan 9, 2012.

1. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland
    Post names of your favorite back yard breeds I am looking for some different breeds

2. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Silkies,Frizzles,orpingtons and i have red shavers ( first ever chickens) all of these i have had from a day old and they have the best personalities ever my shavers still dont realise they are chickens [​IMG] ,im hopeing to bred the silkie with a frizzle to get sizzles [​IMG] .But i think all chicken breeds in there own right are pretty cool i to am starting to get different breeds just for the different personalities [​IMG]

3. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I am a dual purpose kind of gal...I just love the way big fluffy DP birds look, and their wonderful personalities, and all the amazing colors they come in! My flock consists of french black copper marans, blue laced red wyandottes, buff orpingtons, a salmon faverolle, speckled sussex, and easter eggers.

[​IMG]

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
  5. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    I like wyandottes, they come in very pretty colors. I also think dorkings are nice looking as well as australorps. o course if your allowed to have roos virtually any breed will be quite pretty

6. Ducks and Banny hens

Ducks and Banny hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    On a little Farm.
    German Phoenix, and Antwerps

7. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I like blue, laced and penciled of any breed.
    Good black birds like Black Jersey Giants and Black Penedesencas have beautiful green/blue sheen .
    Jaers, Frizzles and Anconas are nice.
    If it's warm where you are, Fayoumis and Seramas are nice too.

8. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    Buff Brahmas and Speckled Sussex. The Brahmas are just big stately birds and so easy going. The Sussex are mostly quiet and follow us around like puppies.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me there is nothing more beautiful than a leghorn hen or rooster - all the varieties.

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:in the end its going to be what you like and not us [​IMG] try looking at feathersite...www.feathersite.com they pratcally have (almost)every breed possable lol and its a great place to see the different colors and forms of the different breeds of chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by