Looking for Berkeley, CA/East Bay Coops

pathwanderer

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Hello Bay Area BYC Memebers!

I am a walk coordinator for the Berkeley Path Wanderers Association, which is a non-profit group that builds, restores and maintains Berkeley's historic paths and walkways. As I walk around Berkeley and its neighboring cities, I continue to be amazed at how many backyard chicken coops I discover. (Full disclosure, my 2 dogs generally do the of the majority discovering before me. The smell of a coop is like the finest of perfumes to 2 lab mixes.)

I am posting because I would love to lead a chicken coop walk for our group. I know there would be a lot of interest in learning more about chicken raising. My idea is to plan a walking route that would pass by several backyard coops along the way.

Ideally, it would be wonderful if I could find someone(s) who would be willing to show us their coop and answer questions. I'm writing in the hopes that you would be willing (or know someone that would be willing) to open up their backyard to an interested group of Path Wanderers.

Please feel free to contact me with any advice or leads. Thank you in advance for your help… any suggestions or ideas would be sincerely appreciated!

Lynn

Back
Top Bottom