Looking for Bielefelder hatching eggs

pinerchicken

Chirping
Feb 9, 2018
Santa Rosa, CA
Looking to buy Bielefelder given Omega Hills Farm canceled my order after nearly two weeks of no acknowledgement of my order. I suggested they should improve their communication with customers and they did not take the criticism well. I would recommend not placing an order with them as that is an indication they do not care about their customers.

Looking to buy Bielefelder given Omega Hills Farm canceled my order after nearly two weeks of no acknowledgement of my order. I suggested they should improve their communication with customers and they did not take the criticism well. I would recommend not placing an order with them as that is an indication they do not care about their customers.

Wow! I'm surprised to hear that. I received two shipments from Omega Hills Farm and they were in CONSTANT communication with me, both email and phone. I was VERY pleased with the service I received from them. The first shipment had very rough handling from USPS and in the second shipment, they gave me an additional 5 eggs to make up for it. We got Bielefelders and Blue Isbars.

Also bought some Bielefelders on eBay, but am waiting on that hatch - all have detached air cells at this point, but some may reverse by day 14.

Hope you are able to find some. Anyone close to you so you wouldn't have to go through shipping? That's always a gamble.

I noticed a listing on eBay today.
Very tempting but I'm overpopulated.

Ebay has a load of listings. I got some there. Carefully scrutinize each seller by location and feedback and how long they have been doing this. The prices are all over the chart. and be sure to take note on shipping charges... that's a sneaky way to make extra money on the sale.
This breed is becoming more common and the price has dropped dramatically since last year. Good luck

I have bought form eBay before. Hatched 5 out of 8 Silver Laced Wyandottes and 4 out of 6 silkies. Wyandottes had saddle air cells.

USPS in CALIFORNIA is just trained to shake up eggs really well. :idunno

I am curious how you handle your shipped eggs with detached air cells though. How long do you let it sit before you place them in the incubator? Do you star turning them on day 0 if they have detached cell or do you wait 3 days?

Back
Top Bottom