Looking for Black and White Bared ROCKS, how can you tell?

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
Hi, i am looking to get a couple baby Black and White baby bared rocks, I know bared rocks come in a couple diffrent colors, is there a way to tell when there babys? Thanks

Most barred Rocks are black and white. Certainly all of the hatchery stock would be. So, unless you seek out a breeder of another color, you'll get black and white when you buy "barred Rocks".

Plymouth Rocks come in many varieties; white, blue, barred, partridge, columbian and silver pencil. Are you saying you made an order of chicks or hatched out eggs and are wondering which ones are Rocks? If so then you'd have to say what the other possible breeds are to find out what the distinctive traits are between those breeds.

A black chick with a white spot on the head will be black and white barred (or cuckoo) as an adult. If you're looking at a bin of assorted Rocks, that's what you look for. And if you want girls, go for the chicks with small, well-defined spots.

I haven't ordered any yet, Does Tractor supply get this type ? Do they get the ameruncas AKA Easter Egg Chick also ? I called tractor supply and there not sure what they will get or what kinds they have gotten in the past, not much help. I canget them mailed from crackle chicken but making sure I am around to get them from post office sometimes is trickey.

I haven't ordered any yet, Does Tractor supply get this type ? Do they get the ameruncas AKA Easter Egg Chick also ? I called tractor supply and there not sure what they will get or what kinds they have gotten in the past, not much help. I canget them mailed from crackle chicken but making sure I am around to get them from post office sometimes is trickey.

TSC regularly gets Barred Rocks. You should not have any problem getting BR from TSC. Just call before you drive over to verify. The other Plymouth Rocks aren't normally stocked at ChickDays but are available for special order.

TSC does special order on chickens?

Nope. They won't. Think of them like a Walmart of the feed store world (I shop there - I'm not above it).

Your local feed store is more likely to do a special order for you with their regular order...or you can order from some place like Ideal Poultry - or order from a member here. LOTS of people here have really nice Plymouth Rocks!

Good luck - they are one of my favorite breeds!

Back
Top Bottom