Looking for Black Copper Marans hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by copperstone20, Oct 25, 2008.

1. copperstone20

copperstone20 New Egg

Oct 8, 2008
    I have fallen in love with the dark color of the Black Copper Marans chickens eggs.
    Does anyone have Black Copper Marans hatching eggs at a reasonable price they could send me via FedEx Ground? I live in Oregon.
    Thanks CS

2. bluedawg

bluedawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Croton on Hudson
    I just got some on Ebay - they are pricey but I see there are more up there.

3. barnyardmom

barnyardmom Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2008
    waynesville, OH
    eggs were $50.00 a dozen at the ohio nationals.

4. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Maransguy has a thread going, you can do a search for his thread.
    The only other one I can think of right now only sells and ships chicks and his list is very very long, over 100 orders and he is not going to start shipping chicks again until spring.

Alot of us that have the black coppers won't be ready to sell eggs for a little longer yet. I think we all have some younger chickens right now.
    I agree with you though, they are gorgeous and lay those nice dark eggs.
    More importantly is their temperment. Really great dispositions, I am really enjoying my marans.

5. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I have hatching eggs and will have chicks starting after Christmas. You can see my birds at www.fancygeese.com [​IMG]

6. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
  7. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I have been keeping this guy to myself for a while. Buddy Henry Backwoods poultry farm has some great wheaten and BC Marans. He has the Ron Presley line. He has posted on here a couple of times as Wheaties. 60 per dozen plus freight. Not sure what his list is looking like right now but he is going to start shipping right after the first of the year. He has been hatching his own breeders for the last few weeks.

Great guy to work with . Wheatens are his real love but has some great BC as well. I have some of his Wheaten

8. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I just checked my bator and I hear peeping! No pipping yet, but noise is good! I am so excited to have babies!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  9. Autumn T

Autumn T Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2008
    Central Texas
    those are beautiful birds!

I am watching this thread for my chick order in a month or so

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm keeping a waiting list. I will have some hatching eggs very soon ....I plan on selling at $50 a dozen including shipping. If the postal rates go up and I hear they will, I may have to increase. Please let me know if you have any questions and Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by