Looking for black or white Giant roo in Surry County NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Hobbley_Farm, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I have decided against getting a Brahma roo. Someone started a post about what chicken breed you wouldn't have again...and the Brahma was listed over and over again for what I (myself) worried about....Their feet getting messy. So I just want a Jersey Giant roo . White or black...doesn't matter. I just want him to be our MAIN roo. I'm not really in desperate need of a roo because we have one already (just don't like him). So I don't want to travel very far. If someone in or close to Pilot mountain happens to have one they are looking to get rid of, I'm interested. Thanks [​IMG]

2. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    If you don't find one...I have a beautiful BO x SLW cockerel and a BO x Australorp cockerel that I hatched out this Summer. The BOxSLW is white with grey/silver flecking and a rose-comb. The BOxAustralorp is black with white/silver flecking and a normal comb.

3. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Pardon my ignorance...but what is does the SLW stand for in "I have a beautiful BO x SLW cockerel" ? I may be interested. Lets give it a few days see if there is a giant out there for me. [​IMG] Thanks

4. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I'm up in Gates, NC not sure how far from you, but I have a blue jersey giant roo you could have for $5. He's purebred, but we don't have any girls to go with him. He's about 6 months old. We'll just eat him otherwise.

Lemme know with a PM.

Stacy

5. MayberrySaint

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Quote:Silver-laced Wyandotte...

6. MHF

MHF Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Durham, NC
  7. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Quote:great site...thanks [​IMG]

8. MHF

MHF Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Welcome

Don't know that they will have what you are looking for but it covers they whole state.

Mike

9. Hobbley_Farm

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Quote:ok....do you have any pics of these two??? Every avenue I have found has been a dead end. I would just like to get a bigger roo at this point. Mine looks big but probably doesn't weigh more than 4 to 5 lbs.

10. MayberrySaint

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    I'll PM you...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by