Looking for Blue laced wyandottes

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by veronica2368, Jan 11, 2009.

1. veronica2368

veronica2368 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2007
    newville pa
    Does anyone know of someone on this board that raises blue laced wyandottes? e are also interested in silver penciled. We are getting ready to order our chickens from Mcmurray and we dont want to get any straight run birds, and unfortunately that is the only way to get that particular breed. We are only wanting females. No boys in our HENhouse. Does anyone know if there another breeder or hatchery that sells them not in a straight run?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Veronica

2. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    I'm getting 25 BLRW chicks from a fellow BYCer. Bumblebeehillschickenfarm.com.

His are straight run too, but I've already got any roos I don't want "sold" locally since nobody has any and they want to keep them with their other dottes and BO. You probably wouldn't have any problem rehoming them since they are rare. Plus bumblebee has a great strain with deep colors (from the Daltin strain on bluelacedred.com).

Hope this helps!

Colby in KY

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If you want the good lacing on them you'd be better off to get them from a breeder.

There are several of us on here that have/or will have hatching eggs if you're interested in hatching some eggs. A few do chicks too, but I think they'll all be straight run too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by