looking for Blue Orpington eggs/babies in Georgia

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by newnanchic, Jan 4, 2008.

1. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Does anyone have blue orpington eggs or maybe some babies or even young chic's for sale??? I am in Newnan Georgia:cool:

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Try SpeckledHen, she has them.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi! Glad to have another Georgian on BYC. I have a Blue Orp rooster and two Blue Orp girls with him. I am currently hatching some, but I will only have a cockerel or two for sale from those. I usually sell hatching eggs, however, my order book is full till June. The ones I'm hatching are for my own flock so I'll be keeping the girls, but I will also be hatching some from another source in a couple of months. Check back with me then. I may have a couple for you. Unless you want a boy from my current babies-there are six of them and I'm not sure naturally which are male and female yet since they just hatched. About June, when these babies begin laying, I should be able to get you chicks or eggs, either one.

4. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Thanks so much!!! I am intrested!!!! Please let me know when you get a few extra females and 1 male.

5. speckledhen

I'll do that. I've just hatched four so far in the last couple of days and one is a splash. That one is taken. The other two are two blacks and one blue. The last two are actually still in the bator on Day 20 right now, so hopefully, they'll hatch okay by sometime tomorrow. I'll be posting pictures, too in a day or so. Have you seen my breeders? Here is a link to some pics of my guy, Suede:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18604

6. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    He is the biggest rooster I have ever seen and he is amazing!!!!!!

7. speckledhen

He's my big blue turkey and very sweet. Not an aggressive bone in his body, at least toward people. I do, however, expect the ground to shake when he runs to me!

8. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Hey I am getting some silkie eggs on March3rd from KentucySilkies what are the chances I could get some of your famous blue orpington eggs mailed out that same day. I would love to put them in my bator at the same time????

9. speckledhen

Well, I already have a customer that week for some, but I could out your name down and try it. Depends on the two girls, naturally. If they're both laying daily, then it's possible I could get just a few, but that'd be about it. If that's fine, then I could put your name down for that date and closer to the time, let you know if I think we can do it.

10. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Hey Good news I did find some for that week thanks to someone on here passing my info along!!!! So keep your fingers crossed!!!! I think I can !!!!!!!! I think I can!!!!! I have only hatched from our chickens before but I really want a few new varieties!!! Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by