Looking for BLUE SPLASH/ BUFF Silkie Hatching Eggs.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickie Mamma, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I recently hatched 12 silkies from a mixed flock. Not one Buff or Blue Splash. I am looking for 6 (3 blue splash/ 3 Buff) silkie hatching eggs. Bearded preferably and alot of POOF !! If you can help, let me know. Thanks..

2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Don't know if you saw my post a few lines down but I have silkie eggs for sale. I raise mine for show. Have won with them also. i have pics of the Chicks on the Raising chicks forum and if you look at my Website you can see adults as well as chicks. Most of what I have for sale this weekend is buff. They are all bearded. Lots of fluff.

3. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I would rather have Blue Splash. If you have any I would happily buy them from you. The Buff are just a bonus I need. Thanks for the fast reply! [​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    ARe you talking about blue/splash eggs? Just want to clarify.

5. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Yup... The kids love hatching the eggs. (mom does all the work) If I were able to find quality Blue Splash chicks (females), without having to order 15, I would [​IMG]

6. danrut101

danrut101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    marie_martin has very nice looking blue/black splash silkies. She is a member of BYC. I have hatched eggs from her and I am extremely happy with them. [​IMG] Fast shipping and a wonderful person to deal with. All of them turned out with exceptional beards and tops. Not too sure if she has any at the moment though.

danny d

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Thank You so much!! We had a fox incident in the spring and wiped out my first hatch [​IMG] I had 2 blue splash!! After many improvements, electric fences, foxwatch, and tripled the chicken wire, we have had no problems. I just want a couple eggs 2 or 3. But I will check with her and I really appreciate your help!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by