Looking for Bourbon Red Hen/poulet

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by marquisella, Jan 4, 2011.

1. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    I lost my only BR hen today. I had isolated her but it apparently was too late.

She didn't have any respiratoyry, or diarrhea. No outward symptoms that anything was wrong except I noticed she was less active for a week or so. When I picked her up to move her she was lighter than when I got her 6 weeks ago.

I wonder if the tom injured her during breeding. She was fine when she started laying down for him. I never actually saw him breed her though.

So, I'm looking for a replacement. I'm in central, NY so within 100 miles of the Utica/Syracuse area will work for me.

If anyone has one, please contact me privately.

Thanks,
    Sue

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    So sorry to hear about your loss.

3. SED

SED Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    North West Alabama
    Sorry for your loss. I have been trying to find some hens here in Alabama but no luck so far. I have plenty of Bourban Reds just need some other breeds. Good luck on your search!

4. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    first offf, sorry to hear about your loss. i have lost two that way. young ones,under six months old. sed, i am looking for a few red bourbon hens. do you have any extra? i also have a young bronze tom and a year and a half old royal palm tom i would be willing to do some trading on. i am in middle tenn anybody. i am planning on going to the feb newnan show in ga. anybody want to trade

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by