Looking for Bourbon Red Turkeys and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

sd1993

Chirping
9 Years
May 1, 2013
Hello, I haven't been on in years. But I'm looking for some new stock. I don't do shows or anything but I like myself a good specimen of the breed for aesthetics. I'm trying to get some heritage turkeys. Raised lots of turkeys in the past for meat, ready to breed my own. I love the bourbon reds. I have a few other chickens and turkey breeds I want and was going to buy eggs, I've hatched a million chicks but then I figured nah I might as well place an order at one of the large hatcheries for chicks. Problem (or maybe it isn't), is I want some good birds for keeping a good line going. So he large hatchery idea doesn't really struck me as "good stock." I'm planning to get bourbon reds and royal palm turkeys (5-8 each) I have no clue what breeders to buy from, eggs or chicks. It's so late in the year, chicks may be slightly preferable. Obviously I wouldn't be asking this if there was a local breeder. So what are some reputable sources? Also same thought process. In search of blue laced red wyandottes (5-8), and Mille fleur de'uccles (3-5). Stressing again, is like to start with some quailty birds, not necessarily show birds, I have a small homestead that never makes me any money and I just sink money into. Love my birds. So help me burn some more money into the farm, I'm expecting to probably end up order from multiple sources. I could be convinced to just order from a large hatchery because I'd be able to order everything from one source if the reviews were good. I have never ordered from hatcheries before, always found a source to hatch my own local. But the breeds I want now, nada out there. Most important on my mind is the bourbon red turkeys and blue laced red wyandottes.

Where are you located? Have you tried posting in your state thread? I know you said you didn't want hatcheries but the feed store I get my chicks from orders them from ideal and the lacing on their Wyandottes were very beautiful this year.

Welcome! Please enter your approximate location, in case there's someone local who has birds that you are interested in having.
I have Belgian d'Uccles here in southern Michigan, and may have BLR Wyandotte chicks, depending on how their sexes turn out in the brooder.
Cackle hatchery has all the birds you are interested in in their catalog, and I've been very happy with their birds! Consider looking them up online.
Mary

I would like to acquire some good quality English Orpingtons for next year. I have no idea how to go about it. I am in southwest Missouri.

Hello, I haven't been on in years. But I'm looking for some new stock. I don't do shows or anything but I like myself a good specimen of the breed for aesthetics. I'm trying to get some heritage turkeys. Raised lots of turkeys in the past for meat, ready to breed my own. I love the bourbon reds. I have a few other chickens and turkey breeds I want and was going to buy eggs, I've hatched a million chicks but then I figured nah I might as well place an order at one of the large hatcheries for chicks. Problem (or maybe it isn't), is I want some good birds for keeping a good line going. So he large hatchery idea doesn't really struck me as "good stock." I'm planning to get bourbon reds and royal palm turkeys (5-8 each) I have no clue what breeders to buy from, eggs or chicks. It's so late in the year, chicks may be slightly preferable. Obviously I wouldn't be asking this if there was a local breeder. So what are some reputable sources? Also same thought process. In search of blue laced red wyandottes (5-8), and Mille fleur de'uccles (3-5). Stressing again, is like to start with some quailty birds, not necessarily show birds, I have a small homestead that never makes me any money and I just sink money into. Love my birds. So help me burn some more money into the farm, I'm expecting to probably end up order from multiple sources. I could be convinced to just order from a large hatchery because I'd be able to order everything from one source if the reviews were good. I have never ordered from hatcheries before, always found a source to hatch my own local. But the breeds I want now, nada out there. Most important on my mind is the bourbon red turkeys and blue laced red wyandottes.
Three Good Reasons Farm. I have been poltry from them for a while. They have NPIP and ship. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=459672064243167&ref=content_filter
I've really enjoyed working with them.

I have a blue laced red Wyandotte bantam chick that may be a roo. If he is you are welcome to him, I live in Idaho and he was hatched at dunlaps

Back
Top Bottom