Looking for Brabanter chicks.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crazzzymike13, Feb 19, 2012.

1. crazzzymike13

crazzzymike13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    Does anyone know of any hatcheries that sell Brabanter chicks? I had bought some from Ideal hatchery about 3 years ago. I can't seem to find them there anymore. The chicks I had all died because it got really cold one night and my heat lap burnt out during the night. Poor chicks froze. So anyways I have been wanting some. If no hatchery, can anyone sell me some eggs at a decent price?? I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Mike

2. crazzzymike13

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    Anyone know where I can get some of the eggs?

3. lclough1998

lclough1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

I had never heard of a brabanter chicken. I googled them and one of the things came up had eggs in texas. Where r u located at, sometimes that helps. You can put in brabanter in the byc search, then look for an active thread of someone that has them and try that way. I got some jersey giants that way.

4. crazzzymike13

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    I live in Wellington Tx. I bought some years back at Ideal hatchery in Cameron Tx. But I haven't seen them on their website. So idk if they don't sell them anymore or not. Yeah I'll look around of the byc site and see if I can find anyone. Thank you.

5. I have never heard of them

6. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  7. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Ideal does have brabanters. I think they're listed under white egg layers.

8. crazzzymike13

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    I just bought some from Ideal and I don't have to wait til May to get them. LOL I should be getting them Friday!. I didn't expect that. Thanks for the replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by