Looking for Brabanter eggs, gold and or cream. shipped to Wa. state

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fdnick, Sep 1, 2007.

1. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI everyone.
    looking for some hatching eggs Brabanters gold or cream.
    Thanks..
    Denna

2. mourninglory

mourninglory Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2007
    Maurepas, Louisiana
    There was someone recently on Eggbid who was offering Gold and Cream Brabanter eggs. The auction has passed, but I found the old info and you could email and see if they will be offering any more.

12+ RARE BRABANTER EGGS, CREAM & GOLD
    Item # 1187765405
    [email protected]

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

3. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Thanks.. I will give it a try :O)
    Denna

4. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    FYI,
    The seller on Eggbid has her gold and cream Brabanters penned together. The eggs will not be pure in either color except by chance. She notes this in her description.

This breed has had a hard time in the general public. Ideal Poultry and people who bought from Ideal are the only ones advertising any for sale. The gene pool is starting to get very small and the quality of the birds are suffering.

A gentleman named "Gordie" occasionally advertises cream Brabanters on Eggbid and he is the only one I have found who does not have Ideal birds.

I am not knocking the breed. I have gold Brabanters from Ideal myself, and some are not all standard to the breed. The Brabanter should have a black beard and muffs, black spangles instead of lacing, and should have a small tuff like crest on its head (not a Polish or Spitzhauben crest).

I am trying to breed only birds with the above qualities, but have a long way to go.

Even if the birds are not true to their standard, they have wonderful personalities and are a joy to have in any flock.

5. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I found this ad on e-bay when I was looking for some other eggs. Don't know anything about the seller, quality, et... just saw the ad and thought I would pass it along. Not good with the computer so I can't figure out how to post a direct link, but here's the category list, listing title and item number.

Listed in category: Business & Industrial > Agriculture & Forestry > Farm Supplies > Livestock Supplies > Poultry > Incubators
    12+ Cream Brabanter Chicken HATCHING EGGS Very Rare!!! Item number: 300147072455

Hopefully you can find it with that info if you are interested. BTW, good luck with your standard cochins and jersey giant chicks. [​IMG]

6. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Thanks!!! found it.. I will see if we can win :O)
    appreciate the heads up.. Hubby has decided he likes chickens (really likes the Brabanters) and I'm afraid when he gets into something he goes whole hog (smile)..
    Denna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by