Looking for Bread Recipe: Honey and Milk

Leah and peeps

Songster
13 Years
Jun 28, 2009
Canada
Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago I was reading a topic here (I lieve it is the "What are you Baking Now?" one) and I came across a recpie for Honeyand Milk Bread. I made it and it was amazing, and I want to make it again..to bad I lost the recipe after I printed it out and I can't seem to find it in the thread. I also don't know who posted this delicious recipe.
Can anyone help me find where the "hidden treasure" is? Thanks

Leah

Thanks for that recipe. Looks really good. But that isn't the one.
This one i think was from a recipe site, and was baked in a loaf pan.

yes cmb19!
bow.gif
Thats the one!!
ya.gif

This is the most delicous bread, and soo easy too!
Off to the kitchen now!
wee.gif

It IS amazing isn't it? When I first made it, I just knew I had to share it on here. I was only slightly afraid to say I liked it better than Gump's bread, but this one is definitely my favorite.
big_smile.png

YES it IS!!
droolin.gif

I do love Gump bread but I do have to agree with you cmb19
hide.gif

I know that you mentioned somthing about the yeast, and not using the type for a bread machine. Do you remeber what the change was?

Last edited:
Yep, 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast (I use the stuff in a jar, I'm not sure how much is in a packet of yeast) into the milk mixture. It's written in the comments on that website if you need it again. I heat the milk up a little more than the recipe calls for, I don't know if it matters or not, but I feel like the yeast will work better if the milk is heated.

Now all the Gump's bread lovers need to try this out to see if we're the only ones that think it's better.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I made this recipe yesterday and it really is delicious! This might even replace my #1 best selling bread at the farmers' market - if my customers will comply. It tastes sweet and flavorful with only 1 TB of honey - I was surprised at that. I think the milk helps with the sweetness too. I used canned evaporated milk combined with an equal amount of water for the milk called for in the recipe. I had two high-rising mini loaves from the recipe. Gave one to a friend and kept the other for myself. I always have to "taste" test a recipe before I will sell it at the market. LOL!

edited to add: I subbed one cup of whole wheat flour for 1 of the 3 cups of bread flour - bonus nutrition!

Teresa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom