Looking for breeder quality Buckeye hatching eggs

meriruka

Songster
12 Years
Oct 18, 2007
Would like to purchase a dozen or so fertile Buckeye eggs as soon as the weather permits shipping.
(We are having an unusual cold snap here in VA) We picked this breed because they are on the endangered list and they are cold hardy. The new coop & run is set up - now we just need to hatch some chicks! The plan is to hatch them soon so they will be ready to go out in spring when they are feathered out.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a friend who is selling her small flock of buckeyes, if you like I can see if she still has them. She's newnanchic on this board but doesn't have time to be on the BYC very much. Thanks and hae a blessed day. (Iknow her flock is young and nice, I have seen them! Nancy

Hello!

We have laying Buckeyes in Virginia and are looking to buy more Buckeye hens so I am really responding to both of you! First about the eggs. Our young hens JUST started laying a few weeks ago and their eggs are still small but should reach full size in a few more weeks. We have three Buckeye hens hanging out with five of our best Buckeye roosters (along with a bunch of other hens of different breeds but NO other roosters). The eggs are showing up fertile when we test them. We JUST started raising our chickens last June and chose the Buckeye to breed after doing much research. They are a very hardy, big, friendly dual purpose breed and we LOVE them! I can't bring myself to eat any of our birds (except the eggs) so instead of culling out the extra roosters, we are trying to rehome them as pets or non-breeding roos. In the meantime our extra roos have their own separate "Bachelor Quarters". All of our birds are spoiled and pampered! Anyway - we will have hatchable eggs in a few weeks if you are still interested. You can email me at [email protected]

About the Buckeye flock for sale - is your friend in Virginia or close enough to Southeastern VA? If she or he still has some hens, our hens would really enjoy having more of their kind in our flock! Although we have eight other hens (we call the Concubine hens) to give them some relief from the roosters they could use MORE relief! LOL! Besides, we want to add another bloodline to our Buckeyes for breeding purposes to strenghthen and continue this amazing breed of chicken ..... Please pass my email on if they still have Buckeye hens!

Perhaps ya'll have heard that Buckeyes roar like dinosaurs - it is TRUE! Sometimes the Buckeyes REALLY do sound like what you would imagine small dinosaurs to sound!

Thank you,

Rene.

Thanks Bargain - for now we are looking to hatch.......
weebug - I'll be sure to PM you. Are you also having this awful cold snap? 14 tonight w/ windchill making it feel below 0 !

edited to add I'm near South Boston in VA

Last edited:
I can vouch for Rene's (Weebugs) flock - they are sure a pampered bunch and she dotes over them every chance she has.
smile.png
Her property is a beautiful slice of heaven and her flock lives in a CLEAN, ROOMY hotel (it's kept so nice I have to call it that LOL). You can't go wrong with her birds!

~ Karen

Last edited:
I know that "JamesA" on here has SQ Buckeyes. I haven't seen him post anything in a while, but I could just be missing him. Check out the User list on the blue tool bar and see if you can locate him.
smile.png

Quote:
That's why I always check this site first when looking for something - the majority of people here take very good care of their birds. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who pampers my poultry - my neighbors thought I was crazy for all the $ I put towards it until they saw how big & healthy the birds were compared to others locally........

I bought a dozen Buckeye eggs from Muddstopper (Bill). I had a good hatch about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Maybe he has more eggs available.

31698_p1010807.jpg

Quote:
jamesA sold his flocks so he does not have any birds....

cgmccary and buckeyedave are your best bets good luck!
punky

Quote:
Don't have anything to do with this guy. He was happy to take my money early this year to put me on his waiting list for chicks, assured me he had set my eggs and gave me a hatch date even though I could see him trying to sell his incubator and birds on here close to when my eggs should be set and questioned him on it, chicks never showed up and he will not answer my emails even though I see him online here quite often. I understand problems come up but he has never returned any of my money even when I gave him the option of making any kind of payments instead of the whole amount. Dishonest guy.

Back
Top Bottom