Looking for breeders of SQ Guinea Pigs ( Cavies ) in newengland

Gordonhillfarm

Songster
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Maine
I'm looking for Breeders of show stock Guinea Pigs in Newengland . I'm very interested in showing and raiseing Teddies and Peruvian Guinea pigs . I'd love to chat no matter what the variety is you raise
wink.png
Also trying to get info on clubs that might exist in central maine . I currently have one boar - but beleive he is mixed - I adore him just the same , but would like to get more involed in raiseing cavies . Any help would greatly be appriciated ~~~~ Tammy

Aw, I love teddies. My tri-roan teddy boar was purchased at a discount from a breeder at a cavy show (4-H). He was the sweetest thing, and it was fun showing him. The judges showed and vocalized a great preference for red roans, but this was years ago, and preferences may have changed since.

Thank you !! I just sent in my request to join the group
wink.png
I was up till 1:30 am looking for breeders and clubs online with really no success . I read some where that most rabbitt shows also have cavies -- I'm going to search for rabbitt shows and see if maybe this will also give me a few leads . Thanks again -- I raised cavies when I was a kid but never have shown them . When Benjamin came it just brought back fond memorries and as a adult thought I would try my hand at raising and showing . ~~~ Tammy

Just a note but I mainly see peruvians and Americans at rabbit shows/fairs, teddies seem a little bit harder to find in some locations. Someone there will hopefully at least be able to put you in touch with a breeder.
smile.png
They were really popular as a breed in Washington state...but definitely a bit far away from you.
wink.png
Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes too far -- I'm really finding it challenging to locate breeders in Newengland . I'm sure they are here just haven't been able to find them yet
sad.png
I did find some interesting sites online . I found information on shipping cost and it is very costly -- hope I find them close enough to drive . I really love the teddys the most -- but would venture into other varietys to start out . Well I'm off to look about the internet again -- ~~ Tammy

Back
Top Bottom