looking for Buff Orp eggs FOUND SOME thanks

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
Heya -

I don't know if anyone's hens are still laying this time of year, but I would love some Buff Orp eggs to hatch out.

My eggs in the bator are hatching right now, so I'll have it empty soon.

thanks -
meri

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have some at the end of January. I have let all the chickens run together..now I have to separate them for a month to make sure they are full stock. Sorry, I won't have them any sooner. DJ My incubator is full of mixed chickens. Hopefully we will have a lot of hens to sell eggs in spring. I am getting about a dozen eggs a day, out of 50 hens...but a lot have not yet started laying. Let me know if you want me to save you some in January.

Quote:
Cool, I'll save this and let ya know. I shouldn't be hatching any more right now anyway
lau.gif
, but I am already addicted to my new bator.

A friend of mine is getting me some bantam cochin eggs after thanksgiving, so I'll see if I can find some buff orps for then - if not, I'll let ya know to put me on the list.

Thanks
big_smile.png

meri

sounds great to me. I have 2 BO Roos and 7 hens. I shouldn't be hatching right now either, but I hadn't hatched any for a couple of months..then our game hen came out of the woods with 10 babies...and it is all that hens fault. I had to have my own!!!!
jumpy.gif
I really like the cochins. I seen my first at the last chicken show in Lucasville Ohio and bought a set of blue. I seen some of the bantams also. They are a beautiful chicken. Are you planning on showing your chickens. I did..one time. I loved it. DJ Good Luck with your babies.

Quote:
Heya -

I don't have any plans to show, but my cochins are adorable - very fluffy. I have a speckled roo and a speckled hen, a black (well, two black pullets) and a white/buff roo.

The cochin in my avatar died this last week, I was very bummed (I had to put him down, he was about to go, and I didn't want it to drag on.)

I have 8 cochin (large, not bantam) in the bator right now, none of those have pipped yet. I have one chick, and 5 pipped (mutts). But day 21 just started, so it isn't too late for those LB cochins.
smile.png

meri

How many are you needing, I may can help you? I've never sold eggs before and I just put 8 in the incubator a week ago. My orphs are at a friends house, but they are laying, I will call and see how good they are laying, he usually calls on the weekends for me to come get eggs anyway. Just let me know how many you need.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll PM her tomorrow morning.

meri

She just posted a new dozen up for grabs. Get them quick, because they sell out fast. Her birds are FABULOUS!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks, I'll PM her tomorrow morning.

meri

She just posted a new dozen up for grabs. Get them quick, because they sell out fast. Her birds are FABULOUS!
smile.png

Got em
big_smile.png
thanks.

meri

Back
Top Bottom