Looking for Buff Orpingtons in the Tri-State Area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by khable, Apr 3, 2007.

1. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Hi All,

We are brand new to Chickens and have been doing a TON of research over the last few weeks and will be starting to build our small hen house shortly.

I wanted to see if there were any "started" or young adult Buff Orpington Hens available in the Tri-State Area?? We only are looking for about 3 or 4 to start us off.

I live in Dutchess County, NY, but am willing to travel the Tri-state region.

I would say that we would be ready to actually get them in just a few weeks. Sooner if someone has some available.

:)

Sooo excited about this!!

Please let me know if you have any to part with.

Thanks,

Kim

[email protected]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Hi Kim, I have buff orpington chicks available. They are straight run and about 2 wks old. $2.50 each (15 available) We are located in Slatington PA if you want to see how far.

Jody

3. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi Kim,
    I'm just over the border from you in Litchfield county, CT. My sister-in-law lives in Hopewell Junction (I think that's Duchess county) I have buff orpington eggs that our elementary school is hatching that should arrive on May 12th if all goes well. I might not be able to keep all so I'll be sure and post here if there are extras. [​IMG] Jen

4. khable

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Hi Jody....

Thanks for replying... Do you ever sell them "older" I really think I want to start out w/ started birds... I think they are called pullets.

At what age can you tell their sex?

You are about 2 1/2 hours from me according to MapQuest... do that is do able for me at least.

let me know!

Thanks,

Kim

5. khable

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Hi Jen,

I am actually on the Hopewell Jct. Boarder so you know right where I am! :)

I don't think I am ready for Chicks yet.... BUT let me know if some become available... who knows what a month and a half will do to my confidence. :)

Thanks!

Kim

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Kim, I may very well have several pullets available in a few weeks. Email me at [email protected] and we'll keep in touch. [​IMG]

Jody

7. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi again Kim,
    Have you checked any of the feed stores near you for point of lay chickens (usually around 17-20 weeks)? I doubt you'll find any Buff orps but you might get golden comets or rhode island reds. There's an agway near me that sells them in June or July I've been told. There are lots of farms in Duchess county so it shouldn't be to hard to find. Good luck [​IMG] Jen

8. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Hi, You can find just what you are looking for on www.mcmurrayhatchery.com The chickens are sexed so you may pick how many roos and how many hens you would like. They will ship them vaccinated to your doorstep. Good luck! Julie [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by