Looking for Canadian goslings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redtail11

Chirping
Jan 28, 2019
Redlands, CA
If anyone has any connections with getting Canadian goslings this spring please contact me. I prefer the giants, but the regular sized Canadians will work also.
Thank you

I knew of a hatchery that sold both the greater and lesser Canada geese, requiring a minimum of 6, but I haven’t seen them being sold in a while. I mean, they are protected under the Migratory Bird Act, but if you live in a place like I do, greater Canada geese are very easy to obtain. I had one for a little over a year. I hatched her from an egg.

Kinda doubt you will be able to buy protected species here unless you're licensed for wildlife.
This may be accurate. Hatcheries with domesticated flocks are able to sell these breeds as long as there is some documentation/tattoo/clipped toe showing that it is not wild UNLESS your state explicitly forbids the ownership of that species.

Stromberg’s hatchery was the one I knew of that sold the goslings. They, however, are usually out of stock and must be ordered in quantities of 6.

Hi everyone,

I found a breader in Minnesota. I live in California and plan on doing a road trip to get one. He doesn’t mail them nor deliver them. Would anyone be interested if i go get some for myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom