Looking for Cheap Test Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Lach Cnoc Farm, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    I would like to try out the new incubator so I am in need of some cheap tester eggs. I am not picky on what breeds/types/crosses.. But I am partial to Silkies/Silkie X/Cochin/Salmon Faverolles/Easter Eggers (bantam or standard). I'm looking for maybe 2-4 dozen. Quail would be kind of neat to hatch too but I've never done them before and don't know if they could go in with the chicken eggs or not. I'm also not opposed to duck eggs either. Whatever I can get will do [​IMG]

Please let me know if you have any and what the total cost, with shipping would be. Thanks everyone.

Zip Code: 98338

2. Evermore Ranch

Evermore Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    NW Alabama
    I have some cochin (blue standard) and Buff orpington eggs i can ship out
    $15 for a dozen. There are 2 Cochin hens in this same pen so you might end up with some pure cochins.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I have a silkie/bantam cochin roo who is frizzled in with some bantam cochin and bantam cochin cross hens.The fertility rate has been almost 100%.The first test eggs mailed,6 out of 8 hatched.
    i can send 6+ eggs for say $10

4. Lach Cnoc Farm

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    Does the $15(cochin/orphington) and $10(frizzled) include the shipping?

Thanks [​IMG]

5. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I could send you a dozen RIR's for $15. That includes shipping. And thats when ever you want them.

6. Evermore Ranch

Evermore Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    NW Alabama
    Yep price includes shipping. oh i have turkey eggs too! $5 for 6 plus extras. and you may get full cochins as well as the buffs are actually in by cochin pen while we build new coops for breeding. So far all of the eggs from these girls this year have been fertile and we have had a good hatch rate.

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Yep shipping is included on da frizzles,I should get pics today of what the chicks look liked that hatched from my eggs....
    PS i can ship the eggs monday...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  8. Lach Cnoc Farm

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    Does anyone else have any other types of mixes?

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i have Australorp X EE that are quite pretty.

with shipping for 12, $13 would suffice.

10. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I have barred rocks and barred rock mixes. A BO roo, and mutt hens, (all of my adult birds are in one pen at the moment) some of which are EEs. $13.00 shipped for 12+

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by