Looking for chicken processor in MN, preferably the Twin Cities

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Chickending, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Chickending

Chickending Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Minnesota
    Can anyone recommend a processor in MN area near the Mpls/St.Paul that does chickens. I have been "googling" my heart out and am having trouble finding one near by. Have tons of ones that do game birds and venison but no poultry. I dont want to drive too far.

Thanks in advance.

Was considering doing the process myself but if I can have someone do it for me...wise choice...less mess that way when you consider 25-30 chickens to process.

2. pansophia

pansophia Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    No ideas, but if you find one, please let us all know!

3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
  4. Chickending

Chickending Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Minnesota
    I found a couple of processors in the area. They are south of Cannon Falls, MN will end up being around 30-40 min drive for me but the price is right. For the cost I couldnt do it myself cheaper. One is in Dennison, that is the closest to me there is also another one in Kenyon. Now I just have to figure way to haul the chickens.....how many containers would I need for 30 chickens? FYI, the charge for Cornish X's for the 30 chickens will charge me 2.10 a bird, that includes bagged and frozen. If they are other than white chickens the charge is a bit more but not much more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by