Looking for Chickens in Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by QBRanch, Nov 18, 2008.

1. QBRanch

QBRanch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    I am looking for either eggs, chicks, or hens. Perfer RIR or NHR but will except any other breed since I am intrigued by all!! And if out of driving range if willing to ship. Thanks

2. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

HI!
    Welcome to BYC and great to hear from another Coloradoan! I hope to have a hatch in the next couple weeks of silkies, mottled cochins, brabanters and splash/blue marans. I only intend to keep 3-4 females. If you rather not start with chicks, depending on the success of the hatch, I may let go one gray Ameracauna hen (green egg layer), a blue lace red wyandotte (brown egg layer) and a dark blue silkie 2008 pullet. The hens are 2 years old.

^^Shylee

3. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome. There are a few of us in Colorado. I don't raise the breeds that you are looking for but I am sure someone must have some.

Where are you located in the state?

4. QBRanch

QBRanch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    I am in White Water. Which is roughly 25-30 miles south from Grand Junction. I would be very interested in what you have to offer Shaylee. Please let me know!
    I am trying to open my horizon to new breeds. I mean they all are pretty and I don't think my loving husband would let me get 40 of each breed.. lol So, he has given me my limit and that is 100 chickens of any breed anything more and I will have to find homes for. So, I am at 2 hens (maybe 3 still waiting on a young one) 2 roosters and a guinea. So, I have room to grow. I am currently building a nice area for 3 piken ducks I will getting on friday. I am so excited!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by