Looking for chickens near south central KY or northern TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by OlMcDeeDeehadafarmEIEIO, Jan 3, 2009.

1. OlMcDeeDeehadafarmEIEIO

OlMcDeeDeehadafarmEIEIO Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2008
    Burkesville, Kentucky
    We are just getting our flock going and am going to be needing chickens. I don't know much as far as different breeds but we'd like layers as well as meat. We moved near Burkesville and aren't familiar with the area so we don't know where to go to get some.

2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    http://www.lakecumberlandgamebirds.com/chickens.htm They're in Monticello, take 90E toward Somerset, KY...They can help with what you are looking for, they have several breeds. Otherwise you can order from a hatchery out of state and have them shipped in.

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:I could hatch some out for you, but they wouldn't be laying until fall. I'm about 12 miles north of Burkesville, in Breeding. I have a Delaware roo over mostly White Rock hens (with a light brahma hen and a RIR hen thrown into the mix).

I may know a place (going to check on it Tuesday) that has some hens already laying for sale. Friend of mine said he thought they were Delawares, if they are, I may buy some myself. If they aren't then I don't want them (not sure how many hens they have for sale).

It's an Amish place, so no phone, but I'll check them out and get back to you on it, if you want to buy some of them, I can meet ya and take you over there. (it's a few miles -- about 5 or 6 miles -- further north, between me and Columbia - out by Gradyville). I'll find out how many, and how much (and what kind of chicken).

meri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by