looking for chicks :D!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tamberlin, Jan 15, 2011.

1. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    recently me and we have had some problems with our girls one (a rescue) had to be put down friday and about a month ago another was caught by a hawk, so we have three EE's living in the garadge ( my daughter is loving it!) were looking to add more in the spring. (when we put up the new coop)

we would like to maby get some of these breeds as day old chicks:
    sea brights (both silver and gold colors)
    Belgian D Anver Quail
    and some more Ameraucana (blue and wheaten but were flexible)
    we live in framingham mass and will pick up if your not too far away! they will only be family pets and wont be shown we figured asking for people close to us was better then ordering from a HUGE supply company because from what ive gathered seabright chicks are fragile.
    -thank you cant wait to hear
    tamberlin

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I think you have a couple of options for what you are looking for. I think the Ameraucanas are the more common of the breeds that you want and may be available at a smaller feed and seed store in your area (mine carries them). The Sebrights and Belgian are best thru a breeder though maybe a tad more expensive due to better quality. They can also be purchased online at any of several hatchery sites. The problem with these sites is the volume they will ship may be more than you are willing or able to handle. Some sites like My Pet Chicken are able to ship a few chicks at decent prices. The quality of the birds may not be top notch but they are usually quite healthy and vigorous. I think as pets they are actually awesome! Hope this helps!

3. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    i was going to order from my pet chicken but for only six sea bright bantams its around 95 dollars seems a bit to much to me.

4. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    I would invest in a small incubator (Brinsea is my favorite) and perhaps hatch some eggs. That would give you more options for where to get certain breeds of chickens. [​IMG]

5. augustwest

augustwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2010
    North central mass
    I live in lunenburg and might be interested in splitting an order with you? We're looking for 10 female chicks- EE and buff orps, we think. We'd like to order asap. Pm me if you are interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by