1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

LOOKING FOR CHICKS IN HOUSTON AREA!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Patsys farm, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If you'd like some more variety, pasofinofarm north of Houston has Faverolles, Ameraucanas and Marans. You can find her here on BYC.

2. Patsys farm

Patsys farm New Egg

Jan 6, 2009
    Hi thank you for your response. I currently have seven fully grown RIR and one rooster to match. I recently purchased an assortment of chicks 25 of them. some RIR & Cochins. Silkies are my priority right now or any of the breeds listed. I know its probably difficult to find these breeds this time of year but hopefully someone out there has something!! Thanks again:)

3. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  4. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Ideal may have some of the breeds you're looking for, and so might Pivett. You can find a list of hatcheries listed by state here: http://www.countrychickens.com/country_chickens_4_003.htm

I've
    ordered from Privett, Ideal, and McMurray and no complaints about any of them. With all the cold weather the country is having, your best bet is to order from within (or close to) Texas.

Kathy in Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by