Looking for Chicks Near Me

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, Sep 26, 2007.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    If there is anyone near me, I live in North Mississippi, can you list what chicks you have available or will have in the near future. I just don't think I can incubate anymore. I just want to stick with chicks. Thanks. I am not really interested in the larger breeds, just don't have room. Medium sized or bantam. I have bantam faverolles and silkies right now but would be interested in others as well. Just trying to see what is out there. I don't mind driving some but not too far.

Marie
    Grenada, MS

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Marie, I am in Tupelo and have about 200 chicks right now. They include black/partridge cochins, white rocks, black australorps, RIR, black sex links. I have some that are like 6 weeks old that are outside already so you don't have to brood them or I have little ones that are still under the light. Let me know if interested.

3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Hi Kristen. Do you have any pics of the cochins? The astrolorpes are large aren't they? I really don't have room for large breeds right now. I would like to see pics of the cochins though. Thanks so much.

Marie

4. MandyH

I am on dial up and I do not have a photobucket account but if you are not interested in large breeds you won't want these. They grow to like 10-11 pounds.

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    It is not that I am not interested in the larger breeds, I just don't have the room for them right now. And I worry about putting them with my smaller chickens too. Can you tell if they are male or female at 6 weeks. I would want females. Thanks. Also, when you put black/partridge do you mean you have both or that you have them mixed? Just curious.

Marie

6. MandyH

They are mixed. Most are black and look like the black cochins, but evey now and then there will be a partridge colored female. You can tell them apart usually at a few days old.

7. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    You can tell the males and females apart at a few days?

Marie

8. MandyH

MOST of the time. Depends on the breed too. I have been hatching lots of chickens so it is really not that hard for me.

9. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I looked at some pictures online and I like the way the cochins look. I am just not sure if I can put them with my bantams? I will have to think about it. I really think I need to stick to the smaller breeds? But I will let you know. Thanks.

Marie

10. MandyH

Sure thing. You know where to find me if you need me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by