1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for chicks or hens in Central Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by K7 Menagerie, May 6, 2008.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I'm a chicken novice, I'll admit it. I do have a friend that raises chickens, so I have lots of guidance, but he doesn't have any "spare" chickens. I would like 2 or 3 total, and I don't know enough to have a breed preference. Any info, chicks, chickens, advice, would be very welcome!

2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Hey where are you in Oregon?
    Close to me I hope because I have chicks for you! [​IMG]
    I have 3 EE chicks
    some Orphinton chicks
    and a bunch of Silke chicks

Let me know! [​IMG]
    Tsa

3. K7 Menagerie

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Our menagerie is in Bend! Home of 4 dogs, 1 cat, 3 goats, 2 horses, a bunny, a guinea pig, a turtle, and a lizard!

4. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Ok well if you are near the Eugene area let me know and I can hook you up with chicks. [​IMG]
    Just PM me.
    Take care of you and hope to hear from you!

Theresa

5. K7 Menagerie

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Hooray! I found a brand-new feed store here locally that the word hasn't gotten out on yet. They had chicks and I am now the proud owner of a flock of Silver Ameraucanas! Ok, maybe 4 chicks doesn't technically count as a flock, but I had to start somewhere! Many thanks for your input. I'll be asking for advice shortly, I'm sure!

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Hi from Oregon! I am a Bend native that has (not by choice) relocated to the Salem area. Congrats on your new chicks! We love Bend, and visit very often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by