Looking for Chicks

bantyhen'sfriend

Songster
14 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Southern Wisconsin
I'm looking to buy chicks to show at my county fair this year. I need a pair of bantams and a pair of standards. They must be hatched on or after Jan 1st of this year, as my 4-H show is an early bird show. They don't need to be here in January, I just want to have everything straightened out before I need to scramble to every swap around to find some show birds. My fair is in July, so I would like the birds by May or June, earlier if possible, June at the latest. I prefer birds hatched in January or the first week of February, because they must be mature enough to show.

For my standard birds I would love some Barred Rocks, but other colors of the rocks are okay too. And I can't go wrong with Australorps or even Orpingtons or New Hampshires, any of those breeds are fine.

For my bantams I really want a pair of White Rocks, as I already have a White Rock bantam hen at home I want to breed (I would have taken care of my own bantams if her rooster hadn't died), but I've also had my eye on some OEGB of any color because they have such good temperments and have such an active look. Other bantam varieties, such as Cochins or Silkies, might be considered.

I would prefer to buy from someone nearby, and would drive up to 2 hours one way to meet up, but I would consider shipped birds.

Back
Top Bottom