looking for 'christmassy' photos of poultry/farm animals.... (live ones not ones out of the oven!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by spish, Nov 20, 2014.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Hi all, as some of you may know i run a poultry rescue centre in Belgium....we're slowly getting more and more 'known' thanks to facebook :D we're always looking for ways to help raise a bit of money to feed all the animals here (we dont just help poultry, we also take in sheep, goats,pigs, rabbits, guineapigs etc....) so someone has given me the idea to make and sell christmas cards (with a small 'advertisement' for the rescue center on the back to spread our name a bit more in the local area) but ive been looking through my photos and dont seem to have any nice 'snowy' christmas pics of animals..... does anyone here have some photos that they wouldnt mind us using this year? preferably snowy scenes including chickens, ducks, turkeys or so? we're looking to make around 100 cards this year 'to try it out'...maybe 5 different designs? so need 5 'scenes' i have 1 photo of my own (my cats tangeled in christmassy decorations ) but would really like some more..... if anyone would like to help we'd be really really grateful :)
    i posted this in the random ramblings thread but think it wont get seen much there, hoping to have more luck here :)

2. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    nobody? :(

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Well, there's no chicken in the picture, but this will be my card for this year - with the work "Christmas" spelled correctly, of course. I took this picture of my coop and run just to show my friends on FB the snow we had and mentioned that it would be a perfect Christmas Card for us if I knew how to Photoshop all the junk out of it. She doctored it up (there were 2 barbeque grills, a deck rail, and some storage containers in the original picture) and wrote the greeting on it. I had to write her back and ask for one with "Christmas" spelled correctly. [​IMG]She said she would, but I don't have it yet.

[​IMG]

And I have this one with a Marans exploring the snow, but the exposure is off:

[​IMG]

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Here is one. This photo of Rascal that I took was included in the BYC 2013 calender.
    [​IMG]

5. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    beautiful :D

6. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Well, here's my mille fleur cochin roo in the snow. Poor baby had frosbite though:
    [​IMG]

And my guineas in the snowy trees:
    [​IMG]

That's all I got! It's usually too cold for me to be out taking pictures in the winter :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by