Looking for cochin bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by CochinCrazy, May 3, 2008.

1. CochinCrazy

CochinCrazy New Egg

May 3, 2008
    Childersburg,alabama
    Would love help finding the not so ordinary colors of cochin bantams. For example Lavender, Lemon Cuckoo, Birchin, Wheaton, Salmon, GoldPartridge, Silver Partridge, Blue Partridge, Silver Laced, ect.. Would love the help!!!!!!!!

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    here is a pic of a little mille fleur cochin. Looks like he might be a little roo. I am going to try to start a line out of one bird, which will in itself be a challenge. Any other mille fleur bantam cochin breeders out there feel free to contact me to form a mille breeders swap 'n sell alliance or some such thing. I just love the look of these birds and am very excited to try to breed the best ones I can. This little bird is showing excellent quality already. His temperament is outstanding, his feet are very well feathered, his back is short, his tail set is great, his head is pretty, his eyes are big, his toes are good, his white spots are coming in (tan right now) with a nice V shape to them, well defined black behind. He may have a bit too much white tipping is so far the worst I can tell... wish me luck, and when I get more breeders going I will be certain to help others acquire eggs or birds.
    Here he is a few days old. I don't have any current pics, he changes so fast!
    [​IMG]

3. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    These are pictures of my Milles born on Easter Sunday.
    Looks to be 2 pullets and a cockerel. I too am looking to improve this color. I have excellent buffs from Tom Roebuck and I am searching for some good quality mottled hatching eggs or chicks. Would be willing to work with anyone on the color also.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard to see the black mottling in the sun. Feet are really fully feathered but wet from playing in the water dish.! [​IMG]

Jen

Last edited: May 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by