looking for Cockoo Maran eggs?

Sent you a pm I posted some a couple days ago if you want to look at some of my birds and the eggs.

Quote:
Not developed/hatched does not necessarily = not fertile. The embryos could have been destroyed in shipping, or during an unknown incubator issue, temp spike, etc. Or they could have been not fertile--just saying, fertility is only one of many possibile reasons why a shipped egg doesn't develop. So much happens to shipped eggs on the way do to day 21!
wink.png

Taztaz, wish I could help you out with the Cuckoos, but my girls want to go broody on me. Argh. Silly hens!
lol.png
Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Ginasmarans has them. And I agree with Crunchy. Just because they did not hatch does not mean they were not fertile. I got eggs from a BYcer. 2 sets actually and out of the 32 eggs........not one hatched. She always offered to replace them but after to failed attempts I just could not do it again. Good luck with your new ones.
fl.gif

Thanks for the education, I'm pretty new at this! It seems like I've read here of people being able to candle or somehow tell if the eggs they receive in shipment are fertile or not, and I still haven't mastered basic candling yet!

I've recently fallen in love with those dark, dark, chocolate eggs too...

You tell if they are fertile by opening the up on a plate, and spotting the bulls eye on the egg....a fertile egg has one, there are posts here that show the eggs, thats how I learned
smile.png

And lots to folks here have cuckoo marans, and lots of other kinds of chickens lay pretty dark eggs. Keep in touch. I have Marans too...and I try to be generous. I have not been able to keep up lately, not been well, but I would be more than happy if things dont work out for you, to hook you up with some dark eggs! Check out my personal pages, if you like, and we could get you some eggs from birds of your choice some time...the cost of shipping only....

Thanks for all the replies. After seeing some of hte prices, I guess what I bought for 7.88 plus shipping off ebay should have told me they might not be fertile. I will drack some open and look for the fertility mark in the yolk. I will buy some more here this time as soon as I come up with the extra $$ for them.

If you would like some other than cuckoo let me know. My friend has blue, splash, and wheaton. She sells them for $20 that is 6 of them shipped. Her eggs are nice and dark. I have some splash from her! Here are some of her eggs. Well, the dark ones at the tops. The other dark ones are from my chickens.
HPIM7851.jpg

Back
Top Bottom