Looking for coop advice!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicken Egg 17, May 15, 2016.

1. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Hello I am looking for a metal storage shed to convert into a chicken coop being that I maxed out my coop me and my dad built a few months ago and had plenty of room, so being that I have some money saved up I am looking for a metal shed for under 300 dollars. So I need some advise on ur opinion on how to do all of that exactly and being that we get snow here I would have to frame out the walls and roof with something to help support the weight. Thanks

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I would keep an eye on craigslist for one of those cheap Arrow brand sheds (or that type). Some of those are less than $300 brand new. So if you bought a used one, you'd have money left over for lumber to shore it up. Often scrap type lumber is sold on CL too - not the prettiest stuff, but useable.

3. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    I have found someone selling one they bought and never used or put it up originally selling it for 1000 and now its 400 so I asked him if he would come down anymore but I haven't heard anything yet.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Places like Lowes and Sears probably have models that are less than $300 new.

5. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Ya I have looked at lowes I haven't checked Sears yet what about Home Depot even though I didn't want to drive that far to go get it being that we don't have a home depot around here I would have to drive over an hour but if I can find one cheap then that's where I am going

6. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Ok well I ink I am just going to build instead so I can make it the size and way I want

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by