Looking for coop designs

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by darrell8, May 28, 2008.

1. darrell8

darrell8 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    Hello, I am looking for some coop designs. The coop will be used for heavy brown egg layers. I would like to have something that will hold up to 30 chickens. They will be able to go out of the coop I plan to either build a fenced in area or let them free range I live on a small farm. I don't really want to spend a arm and leg on a coop but would like some ideas and maybe if some of you don't mind fill me in on about how much you had to spend for matieral. Pictures will be great as well to see what you have. THanks for your help.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    On the home page of BYC you will find a "Chicken Coop Section" link. Try it and you'll get some great ideas.

3. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    Darrell, for blue prints and plans of some very serviceable, conventional poultry housing - Colorado State University may have what you are looking for.

James Dryden , 100 years ago, had some good plans.

Hope these are of some use [​IMG].

Steve

4. La Banan

La Banan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Steve - the monograph by James Dryden is brilliant - that should be republished. Thank you so much for sharing it.
    a new chick on the block,
    Jan

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Hi Jan and Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by