Looking for coturnix quails

Discussion in 'Quail' started by tagben150, Aug 6, 2013.

1. tagben150

tagben150 New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone knows a good quail hatchery or any other store online that ships 1 adult female coturnix. I am willing to pay any amount for the shipping. Everywhere I searched they send 3 or 4 at a time. I just need only one for egg laying to replace the one I had and died recently. Thank you for your help. Basically I am looking for a single female chick 3 weeks and older. If anyone sells near CT, NJ, NY even in Poconos I can pick it up also. Thank you for your help

2. dougjefferson

dougjefferson Out Of The Brooder

To be honest no larger breeders will entertain your needs. I would get more and then cull/sell on what you don't need. Jmho

3. tagben150

tagben150 New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you for your respond but I don't want to cull any quails. Also it would be hard to sell them where I live. That's the reason I post on the board and hope someone out there willing to sell or ship one female.

4. Quailsong

Quailsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    Welcome to the forums! I'd check the Buy/Sell/Trade area of the forums. I believe you can post your own ads, but you'll have to stick around a while & post on the BYC. I think posting there is off-limits to new members to reduce spam bots.

In the meantime, check out the 'Where am I? Where are you!' forum area. You may find some local quail keepers there!

5. tagben150

tagben150 New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you I will check

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by