Looking for day old EE,RIR,Buff Orp, B Austro, SS in CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlover99, Jan 20, 2009.

1. chickenlover99

chickenlover99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Connecticut
    We are looking to start a flock of 2 EE, 2 RIR, 2 Buff Orp, 2 B Austro and 2 Speckled Sussex in CT. Would like to start brooding week of Feb 16 (school vacation week). Will pay for chicks and shipping or can pick up in Connecticut or Springfield, MA area. [​IMG]

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    have you considered ordering froma local hatchery?

3. chickenlover99

chickenlover99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Connecticut
    Yes, we have, but minimum is 25 chicks from most large hatcheries. We haven't found any local. We're new to the flock!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    well, some hatcheries have small order programs, i just think that you wont find that froma member here. I know mypetchicken.com and meyerhatchery ship small orders. It does cost more though, but you get what you want. Ideal hatchery just requires that you order $20 worth.

5. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I am probably 2 hours away but i have EE, and will have in 2 weeks RIR and RIW and a few others if you wanted to drive that far I am about 5 exits from the CT NY border maybe 15 minutes.

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    No "local" hatcheries here. Mypetchicken is probably closest.
    Sorry, my eggs are all mixed breeds.

7. wohneli

wohneli Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Gainesville
    How far does Ideal ship? They will do a $20 minimum order (about 10 chicks).

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:They'll ship out here. I got chicks from them last April. Still worried about them in the cool weather that late though. Lost 2 out of 6 and the people we ordered with lost a couple also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by