Looking for diagnosis - PICTURE OF POOP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by EggsellentHens, Aug 21, 2013.

1. EggsellentHens

EggsellentHens New Egg

Aug 21, 2013
    Oneida, NY
    My Kennie is 1.5 years old. She started getting more tired, more sleepy and less active about 4 days ago. Attached is a picture of her poop. Clear liquid and chunky matter. I took this picture about 3 minutes after it sprayed out of her backside. I have been giving her garlic and tomatoes along with her feed. She is still eating and drinking, which is good but she is just not well. Any ideas? Thank you for your ideas...[​IMG]

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I think she needs dewormed.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I would de-worm with Safeguard and treat for coccidiosis with Corid.

-Kathy

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X3. You could also treat with Valbazen, or the product that I use, called the Worminator (http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=584). It contains the active ingredient Flubenvet, I believe. I've used it, and it has worked well.

Of course, one reason for the loose, watery droppings is that it probably rather hot out. Chickens drink a lot more water in the heat, and their droppings become runnier because of it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Either of those wormers would be fine, but it's been my experience that chickens go downhill very fast, so I would get whatever is at the feed store instead of ordering somthing online. Then if you don't see improvement, you can look at other options. Do not let the feed store sell you Wazine, it only gets round worms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Kathy

1 person likes this.
  7. EggsellentHens

EggsellentHens New Egg

Aug 21, 2013
    Oneida, NY
    Everyone - This is Excellent advice!!! Will keep you posted!

8. EggsellentHens

EggsellentHens New Egg

Aug 21, 2013
    Oneida, NY
    We did get dewormer. She is still doing her chicken thing. How long do we give the dewormer? A week? Thank you.

9. sanmar4chickens

sanmar4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Texas

SHE STILL Spraying watery poop?

10. sanmar4chickens

sanmar4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Kennie is 1.5 years old. She started getting more tired, more sleepy and less active about 4 days ago. Attached is a picture of her poop. Clear liquid and chunky matter. I took this picture about 3 minutes after it sprayed out of her backside. I have been giving her garlic and tomatoes along with her feed. She is still eating and drinking, which is good but she is just not well. Any ideas? Thank you for your ideas...[​IMG][/quote

I also had 1 chick with same poop. I looked it up here on BYC and a link posted shows pictures of poop and its in the normal rangers. Chicken is too hot drinking more or not eating enough. :

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0
    Thread : Black Poop?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by