Looking for Dominique owners in VA

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WeedEater, Apr 4, 2008.

1. WeedEater

WeedEater Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Hey, Folks! Have begun construction on a new coop, and intend to raise Dominiques. Anyone with experience or advice to share would be most welcome! Thank you![​IMG]

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    We are not raising Dominiquer's but we do have RIR's and soon we'll have some Golden Red's.

We are in Southside Virginia. Glad to see someone else here in VA.

3. tigger65

tigger65 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2008
    Danville
    Danville here ! We have two dominiques both pullets , two black sexlinks (hen & rooster) and 10 silver laced wyandottes on the way. anybody else near Danville?
    the 2 doms are growing really fast and are also very friendly.

4. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Older post, but I'm getting some dominiques either today or tomorrow. I'm excited about getting them [​IMG].

Oh, and I'm in VA.

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Thats ok we will make it a new post! [​IMG] I just put some Dominique eggs in the incubator 2 days ago. I looked a long time before I found what I wanted, these are pretty good, Im going to have to wait till Nov. [​IMG] to get me another line from another breeder.

6. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Where in TN are you?

7. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I have 2 Dominique hens, a Dominique rooster, and some Dominique chicks. They are very nice birds. My hens each lay an egg almost every day. Mine free range, and they eat almost no chicken food. Just a little in the morning when they come off the roost, and a little at bedtime. So they are very cheap to feed. I worry at times that they won't get proper nutrition, but they are quite healthy.

Also, one of the hens is broody, and she's a great mother.

8. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Near Cumberland Gap

9. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Only about 2 hrs from me.

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten mine [​IMG]. Not sure what is going on. I'll have to call later today and find out.

10. lisabug

lisabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    We have Dominiques...they seem to fly a little better than the others...they started escaping the brooder about day 7....some seem to now at about 10 weeks escape our 5 foot fence too....so be aware...no of our other breeds have done this BUT them....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by