Looking for ducklings near Holly, MI

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by duckboatprincess, Apr 21, 2009.

1. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Hi... I am looking for ducklings near Holly, MI. I can get them at Tractor Supply but I don't want Rouens or White Pekins so if anyone knows where to get some other breeds within say... and hour and a half from here I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, Jacque

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
  3. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Thank you. I am looking for call ducks, magpies, and swedish blues really or a mix of the sort lol. If you by chance know of any or if there are going to be any sales around here anytime soon, please let me know.

Quite a few years ago, I raised pigeons and I went to a swap or a sale of some kind to get some new stock and came home with ducklings. I can't remember where it was or what it was called.

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Try miss jayne

5. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hi Jacque

I'm going be getting some ducks for Missy Jayne, I will be going up there in the end of May or first of June, I'm just waiting for the ones i want to be sexed.

if you'r getting some from MJ. I pick them up for you or ride along, I'm just in Linden just the other side of Fenton, so I'm not far from you.

6. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I think I've been to Linden on accident! Lol... I'm trying to decide what I want. I have talked to her but I was hoping for some pictures of adults that were rouen x magpies. I also have talked to a lady in Imlay City with Blue Swedish babies too. I don't know what kind I want!!! Lol... there are so many breeds to pick from.

7. LauraSBale

this is the pic MJ sent me, i could only upload 1, I know more room,

of the Rouen X Magpie

from what i have read they make really good pets, I'm getting them for me and my 2 daughter and eggs, so thats why I'm waiting tell there sexed.

every one seems to be very happy with MJ birds.

I ended up in Linden by accident to about 4 years ago, LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  8. LauraSBale

I got the pic bigger for you

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  9. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Oh they're cute. I'm so worried that they're going to look like mallards. I know it's dumb but I really don't want that.

10. LauraSBale

oh i see, that what i'm looking for, But with X magpie in there some will looked spotted.
    I wonder if Miss Jayne can tell that when there babys?
    I think she has other ducks, did you look at her website?

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by