looking for dutch bantam breeders and white cochins

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by silkielover5, Nov 21, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    so my little sister LOVES and i mean LOVES Dutch bantams but she only has 2 from a hatchery. since we are starting to do bigger shows other then 4h i would like to buy her eggs from a breeder for her birthday in the spring. i need to find a breeder soon cause this would also be her christmas present and i need to plan this out. but her favorite colors would be wheaten and bbred. i only need like maybe 6 eggs. if you have these colors could you post pictures of your birds or send me a PM
    also im looking for 6 white cochin bantam eggs also would be in the spring
    thanks

2. JeanR

JeanR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2009
    Montana
    Oh dear, Dutch Bantams do not come in BBRed!!!!! Such dutch are crosses with OEGB and it ruins them as Dutch. Hatcheries mix them, not really Dutch, just small very pretty bantams. Wheatens in Dutch, are VERY RARE in the US, but there are a few, now bred in show quality Dutch in Canada. There will be some in the US in a year or two. Send a Private message to me and maybe I can locate some birds close to you. (Bantam eggs hatch so poorly after shipping that they are usually not worth setting. Best to find some close by.) They are out there! Good luck, Woodenshoes......

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  4. silkielover5

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    thanks guys i just found out [​IMG] ya my sisters birds she thought were dutches are actully crosses. so i guess im looking for light brown and another color i cant think of right now

5. August ferkey

August ferkey New Egg

Mar 16, 2012
    We have some really nice ones but that would take a road trip as we are in Lebanon, MO. We are about 9 hrs for Madison Wisconsin. Is the picture of the black rosecomb yours? He is really nice. We are coming to Wisconsin May 7 and maybe could do some traiding. If you want to email me I can send you pictures of the cream light brown dutch that we have. [email protected]

6. silkielover5

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    yes he is, thanks! that might work out, i just bought some more black hens and will be breeding them soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by