Looking for Eastern Wilds

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ma2babygurl13, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    Looking for a breeder who sells, eggs, poults, started birds or adults. Must be True Eastern Wild Turkeys. Let me know!

2. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    We had some, loved them (so pretty), but they left for the wild. We still hear them down by the creek, but only see them on a rare occasion. We have a breeder of wild turkeys in our town, but he has to keep them in a secure pen w/ cover. I don't think he has a web site, but if you want his info I could try to find out.

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    WOW~ Good luck, they aren't even ALLOWED here without a permit - and of course, they aren't giving any permits at the present moment.

They are gorgeous! There's a mom with 10 little turkeys that I see almost every day while taking my daughter to and from school (back country road, thank goodness). It's amazing how quickly they have grown. Hadn't seen them for about a week or so, and then WAAAA LAAAA they appeared one afternoon, still all together and having GROWN SO MUCH!!!! It makes the 40 minute drive interesting - wondering if I am going to get to see them.

BEST OF LUCK!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    We have wild eastern turkeys, but they are pretty much done laying for the season. You have to have a permit in PA to have them too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by