1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for Egg laying Chicks in Townsend Mass. Area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jmburnzy, Apr 16, 2008.

1. jmburnzy

jmburnzy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Townsend
    Hello all,

Very nice forum. My wife and I just bought a house with some property and we have always wanted to raise chickens. We are all settled in now and looking for egg laying chicks in the Townsend Ma southern NH area. I know we are a bit late in the season but was hoping to get started asap. I called both Farmers exchanges in the area and all that they have are spoken for but expect deliveries late in May. Also tried Agways in the area and they only order earlier in the season. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance [​IMG]

JB

2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

If you were closer (say Ohio) I would sell you some no problem! But I don't think you want to pay for live shipping or drive that far! LOL Best of luck to you! [​IMG]

3. urbanagrarian

urbanagrarian Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Massachusetts
    The Agway in Waltham MA had some last week. You might give them a call and see if they still have any. It's probably a bit of a drive though.

4. ebaribault

ebaribault Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    Antrim, NH
  5. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    The Agway in Tyngsboro may still have some. If you buy an incubator I have plenty of eggs [​IMG]

6. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    there is also a swap in tewksbury ma the first sunday of the month, every month where you can also go to buy birds,
    i have a few layer chicks here 2 buff orpingtons, 4 barred rocks, they are a few weeks old, but i have so many people emailing that i am afraid they may be gone by the weekend, i can certainly get back to you if they are still around, oh i am in southern nh on the seacoast

7. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I may have some blue /blue splash and black orpington chicks .

8. jmburnzy

jmburnzy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Townsend
    Wow, Thank you all for your posts. I was able to find our first flock of chicks from Farmers Exchange in Leominster Mass. We were able to reserve 13 NH Reds that will be delivered on Monday April 21st.....Looks like we will be busy buying supplies this weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by