Looking for eggs in Canada

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bee_wrangler, Jan 17, 2010.

1. bee_wrangler

bee_wrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Anyone know where I could order eggs from to hatch? I am in New Brunswick Canada. As for the type of eggs, I would love to get my hands on some Ameraucana's. But am also looking for other types.

2. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    Im in Nova Scotia.... I don't (as yet) hatch my own but have contacted quite a few people concerning them hatching for me.... I currently have people providing me with Silkies, Polish (cause they are cool to look at) brahmas, I believe americauna's are in the order as well as muscovey ducks and african geese..

I found quite a few people on a Canadian chicken site out of Alberta when I googled for chicks.... there are lots of people about that I am sure would sell you eggs. There is a fellow in PEI on here as well that hatches.

Try a search for people in NB, NS and PEI and send them a group message, not everyone buys their eggs from the feed stores.

Good luck!

3. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Hey there,

Are you looking for purebred Ameraucaunas or EE chickens?

There is also a thread in this very section of breeders in Canada by province, you might be able to find someone near you. I am in Quebec and I do have some EE eggs. Fertility is good, my EE rooster loves his EE ladies, out of 12 eggs in the bator right now, all 12 have babies inside.

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    You might also try looking at the Canadian breeders list.

5. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    How bad are the regulations for importation to Canada, there are some fantastic blue egg and EE Breeders at this site. We would LOVE to get some of those blue foot chickens from canada down here , cant find them anywhere here, Too bad we couldnt just drive to the border and Id hand you some blue egg layer eggs in trade for some blue foot chicken eggs , If it were just that easy. Im in NY State not too far from niagra

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    to ship eggs into Canada you either need to bring them in a "food" ie: these are my camping supplies... or jump through hoops with vets etc. not worth it. There are breeders for most everything here, its just finding them. I advertised (for lack of better words) on Alberta Chickens I think it was... got a few that I was looking for. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by