looking for eggs near Ellijay Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tony30536, Nov 24, 2008.

1. tony30536

tony30536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    i am going to put some eggs in the bator around 11-29-08 and have lots of room for more, any one have some close to ellijay , blue ridge, jasper, that i can pick up looking for some with lots of color on the hens blues ,speckled, two tone , and some with colored or dark brown eggs , mutts ok

2. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I only have one hen laying at the moment, and she is an EE who lays a blue/green egg. She is a wheaten color. I have no idea who the father would be, but it would either be a game cock or a speckled sussex, as they both roam together. My guess, is more likely the speckled sussex, as I have more of them and they are aggressively after her. So it would be interesting to see what comes of that!!! Anyway, I may have three or four by saturday if you want me to save them.

3. tony30536

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    locopollo thats what i am looking for a cross of egg color and feather color ill take them
    thanks tony

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, Tony, just to let you know, I may have more for you than you think, LOL. I have 11 dozen eggs in my fridge already, so I think you're going to get the overflow for your bator! If you want me to stop at a certain number, better say so, LOL. Already started saving them for you to pick up on Saturday.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  5. tony30536

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    [​IMG] MY WIFE IS GOING TO KILL ME:oops: ,, 11 DOZ. oooomy i ran down to the bator to see how many eggs i can get in it, it looks like 8 doz per shelf ,i built 2 shelfs ,i can add at lest a half shelf or more maybe more , so it will hold 20 doz. easy, you got a payment plan or rent to own on them eggs speckledhen, good thing i rigged up a turner no way to hand turn that many

6. speckledhen

Well, I wasn't going to give you the 11 dozen, since they were already in the fridge so may not hatch as well, but I betcha I'll have more than two dozen for you. Gee, I didnt realize you had a bator that large! Uh, oh, you might get yourself in all kinds of hot water with that!

***P.S. all for the same price you paid last time. You're just keeping me from running out of fridge room by taking this many off my hands, LOL. Now that I know you have that much room in your bator...hmm.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  7. tony30536

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    i would love to have 11 doz. i just can't pay for that many about 25$ worth will be good ,any other time i would say lay it on me but work has been so slow its starting to worry me ,but it has gave me time to upgrade the bator i'm a packrat so i had the parts laying around for this one its a little big its a old fishing cooler over 3' long
    with a sportsman thermostat (from ebay) 2 25watt bulbs( in case on goes out) some flat rock in the bottom( to hold heat) a old pc fan and cooler bolted to 1'' shaft on a stand (so it can turn back and forth )with a water pump on a timer that pumps water in to a 5gal. bucket bolted to one side a valve in the bottom of the bucket so i can control how fast the water runs out bungee cords control the speed of tilt so every thing is slow and smooth hears some pics with two shelfs in it i thank thay is room for more i put 3 egg cartons in it to show the size [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Cool bator! And there's no charge at all for the extras, Tony, so dont worry about that! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by