looking for eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arabookworm, Oct 30, 2008.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    does anyone here know where I can get about a dozen eggs of a breed that are easy to handle and lay good eggs. they have to be really calm.

So if you know anyone or if you yourself have eggs to sell, let me know please!

thanks so much
    Marwa

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Let everyone know where you are. You might get a deal on some great local eggs!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have mixed breed standard eggs for sale. There are RIR, SLW, and white rock roos and hens, plus some columbian rock hens, all in the same pen. They are all very nice not flighty birds. The RIR and white rock roos do have a tendency to be jerks, but ours are very nice. These eggs are $15 for a dozen+ including shipping

Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I live in western Pennsylvania. I don't care about egg color, but chickens that are also good for meat would be great.

I only want a dozen by the way.

they'll need to be able to handle a four year old and not try to hurt him too, which is why they have to be very calm. he wouldn't hurt them, but he might run around and make alot of noise.

by the way, i'm new, so you'll have to spell out the names of the breeds cuz i can't figure out the abbreviations.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  5. 3 sisters farm

3 sisters farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    puyallup wa
    I would send you some, I have a mixed flock with a Barnvelder Roo...they are very gentle, he actually has "mothered" my chicks/pullets. I do have hens a BO, EE, SLW and BR....but they have slowed would be hard to get a doz but 6 would be possible. All my birds are around 13,11,8,3 yo children...the roo comes to my 11 yo to get picked up and ask for treats. I'm hatching littleraly one is peeped my own from these birds.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    RIR=rhode island red
    SLW=silver laced wyandotte

I also have a 4 year old, and he is the one that gathers the eggs, so they are not mean. All the birds in the pen are the dual-purpose, so they are good for meat and eggs.

And the dozen+ simply means that I would send extras, to make up for the P.O.'s handling. They can be pretty brutal.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by