1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for eggs

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by gratiat, Apr 26, 2017.

1. gratiat

gratiat Just Hatched

Apr 26, 2017
    Hello everyone,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I live in Southern California and have my first set of IB eggs in the bator right now. I would like to get a different variety of eggs to incubate. I do not want to ship and other colors are hard to find here. I will be in Vegas in mid July and I was wondering if anyone has any eggs or even chicks that they would sell me that I can pick up while there. What is the asking price per egg or chick. Thanks so much.

G

2. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    I would not purchase eggs I would just get chicks. Eggs in the long run are more expensive than just getting chicks or even better, juveniles.

KsKingBee likes this.
  3. gratiat

gratiat Just Hatched

Apr 26, 2017
    Yeah I would much rather get chicks that have just hatched out. Thanks :)

4. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! There is a breeder in Elk Grove, CA that hatches lots of colors. He's listed on the UPA website, so give him a call.
    http://unitedpeafowlassociation.org/breeders/#CA
    @KsKingBee is another be one to talk to.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    21hens-incharge and KsKingBee like this.
  5. gratiat

gratiat Just Hatched

Apr 26, 2017
    Thanks. That's about a 9 hour drive from me but I will be about an hour and a half away from him in June so I will definitely get a hold of him. Thank you so much.

6. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Thanks for the mention Kathy but I don't sell eggs. Here are the eggs I set today, I set them every seven days.

[​IMG]

7. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

KsKingBee likes this.
  8. KsKingBee

Yes, I will be shipping some of the common colors and patterns early and the more 'exotic' will be available in September when shipping will continue after the heat of summer.

9. Ledgewood7

Ledgewood7 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2014
    Connecticut
    Hi there! I'm looking for (peafowl) eggs to purchase. Any colors. Will need to have shipped to Connecticut. I appreciate any help!

10. KsKingBee

I am now shipping chicks at four weeks and older after they get a good start and past the danger of 'crib death'. I am offering on my FB page Spring Creek Peafowl, a list of available colors and patterns at four chicks for $250 including box and postage.

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by