1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

LOOKING FOR EGGS>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by buzzard chick, Jan 25, 2008.

1. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I am looking for Standard hatching eggs for egg purposes. I'm not sure what breed is best. I am looking for gentle CALM breeds. I would like about six or so for shipping aroung the end of Feb. to NJ.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, Jen

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Buff Orpingtons and Barred Plymouth Rocks are pretty calm breeds, plus they are great egg layers. [​IMG]

3. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    Our RIR's did well but they got cranky after about 2 years. I love the Barred Rocks. They are a good gentle breed. Just my opinion [​IMG]

4. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I have a RIR and 2 Buff leghorns and they are such a pain in the A**. They are still young and haven't started to lay yet but you can't get near them and when you do the scream like your abou to kill them. I raise bantam cochins and they are the sweetest calmest birds in the world. I need to get just a few hens for eggs to eat and I would like to hatch a few nice standards.

5. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I love my buff orpingtons and my ameraucana's. They aren't cuddly friendly, but dang they get downright [​IMG] giggly [​IMG] when i show up with food! I hesitate to tell you when my eggs will be ready though, i'm sure that someone on here has some now. I haven't even gotten the new coop finished yet and their all free ranging together right now. And the incubator is under it's dustcover in the shed! Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  6. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have a bunch of Easter Egger hens that are a cross between Ameraucanas and Buff Orpingtons. We almost always have extra eggs from those.

7. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I can sell you some Buff Orp eggs, let me know if you're interested. [​IMG]

8. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I have BR eggs ready anytime.
    Let me know if you'd like to try some.

9. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Believe it or not, NN are great layers and mine are the friendliest things around. They all give me an egg a day without fail!! I dont' have any eggs for you, I was merely suggesting a great breed, lol. Good luck to you.

10. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    What are NN's?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by