Looking for faverolles

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gottsegnet, Jul 7, 2010.

1. gottsegnet

gottsegnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    My daughter is interested in showing chickens more seriously and has decided on faverolles. Does anyone know any decent breeders? It will be mostly for 4-H where knowledge is more important than the actual quality of the bird (I think out of 100 points, 10 have to do with how well the bird actually conforms to the standard.) But still, if we're going to do this, I figure we may as well start out right and that will give her more chances to something else as she gains experience.

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I just got a roo from shelleyb1969, and I'm not sure if she has more, but she ships.

He's a very sweet little guy!

3. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    Aw, looks like they just have banties. We're looking for standard sized.

Perhaps I should also note that we don't need the birds now. Spring is fine.

Though I've enjoyed raising this last batch of "late" chicks. So much less stressful if the power goes out or a heat lamp burns out at 2 in the morning. It's 90 anyway!

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    If you post on the Faverolles thread and talk to all of us we will probably be able to help you out with eggs or birds in spring or fall. I don't have LF but many people on there do. Dick Boulanger is a great breeder he has LF in both salmon and white. Ron Patterson is another breeder who isn't on this site he is in Ohio. There are also people in Texas and California. There have been probably 20 post asking for faverolles and I don't think many people have any for sale this time of year and no one I know is shipping birds in this heat. The key is getting on someones list. To get really good show birds you going to have to be patient because faverolles are rare and show faverolles are even harder to come by.
    Good Luck,
    Henry

5. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    All these names that keep coming up. Y'all need websites so I can figure out how to contact you!

Thank you. I posted a message over there. Last night, we tried to fill out a form on the Favorelles Fanciers site but we just got error messages when we hit submit. You are a member, aren't you? Who do you contact about membership?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by