Looking For Feril Eggs.

yoppercoop

Hatching
Feb 19, 2016
Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
I am looking for some eggs for incubating. I want a breed that is a good layer and a good eater.
I am about as far North as you can get in Michigan, without saying aye. I have heard that Marans are good, though I have never raised them.
The chickens I want, need to be able to thumb their noses at timberwolves, while making their way through 3' foot of snow and -30 degrees.
Shipping is difficult, as UPS?Fedx, do not delivere here. I am on Sugar Island, East of Sault Sainte Marie, in the middle of the Sainte Marys river.
I sure could use any info you Michiganders can Offer.
Thanks.

It doesn't matter I can read it no matter how bad the spelling is, the ones I suggested are mostly feather footed breeds and most either have small comb or are thick feathered or are heftier, EE or ameraucana(hard to find because many EE are sold under the name of ameraucana) are good options as well because they have pea combs so they are more resistant to frostbite, another thing is for roosts do at least 2"X4" so the 4" is pointing up, that forces them to sit on their feet and cover them up with their belly feathers it keeps them warmer, good ventilation keeps moisture down which can also cause frostbite.

Thank you.
The roosts I have normally used are Sassafras tree, about 2 inches in diamiter. Sassafras helps to eliminate Lice and Mites.
Of course, keeping the hen house kleen is the most important.
Thank you again for valuable information.

Back
Top Bottom